How is a level selected for a single user in Formula BOINC?

Discussions about rules
jave808
Registered FB member

How is a level selected for a single user in Formula BOINC?

Post by jave808 »

Hi
My username is jave200372 and currently I'm registered as a single participant in Level L3. I'm also a member of the BOINC@Australia team.

How is this level selected? And is it possible to move up to another tier?
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Re: How is a level selected for a single user in Formula BOINC?

Post by UBT - Timbo »

jave808 wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2024 11:26 pm Hi
My username is jave200372 and currently I'm registered as a single participant in Level L3. I'm also a member of the BOINC@Australia team.

How is this level selected? And is it possible to move up to another tier?
Hi

Thanks for your posting here and sorry for the delay in replying.

re: League composition
So, earlier this year, FB went ahead and set up 3 Member Leagues and the criteria used for placing each member in each League was as follows:

*League 1 was composed of any member who was in the top part of the the single Members League in 2023

*League 2 was composed of any member who was in the middle part of the the Members League in 2023

*League 3 was composed of any member who was in the bottom part of the the Members League in 2023 - plus we also added any NEW applicants who joined in 2024 (as they had no prior history of involvement with FB).

re: Member placement in each League

As for Member promotion and demotion from each League - that is indeed something that will take place very soon and members may be moved up (or down) from one League to another and this will be based on how many credits/FB points they have "earned" since FB restarted earlier this year.

This was due to take place a few weekends ago, one FB was half way through the "season" after 12 of the 24 Sprints had taken place.

However, I had to postpone this due to some time issues I had and I am hoping to start the transfer of members over the course of the next few days.

regards
Tim