Sprints 2024 - timetable and projects selected

Marathon and Sprint information for the 2024 season
entity
Registered FB member from 2023

Re: Sprints 2024 - timetable and projects selected

Post by entity »

WCG isn't going to fix anything, history is my witness. The one person (tigerlilly) that sporadically replied on the message boards has left the project. Now nobody responds. They tried to re-launch ARP1 months ago and that failed. Supposedly just waiting on storage to be connected. Once again that was months ago. Barely a viable project.

Tim, please remove me (entity) from the FB database as I no longer plan to participate in ANY FB activity going forward.
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

entity wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 4:06 pm WCG isn't going to fix anything, history is my witness. The one person (tigerlilly) that sporadically replied on the message boards has left the project. Now nobody responds. They tried to re-launch ARP1 months ago and that failed. Supposedly just waiting on storage to be connected. Once again that was months ago. Barely a viable project.
Hiya

Thanks for the message and feedback.

It seems that the project is just hanging on, by it's fingernails to remain "viable" :-( Seems a shame as it had always been administered "properly" when it was running under the previous "sponsors".
entity wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2024 4:06 pm Tim, please remove me (entity) from the FB database as I no longer plan to participate in ANY FB activity going forward.
That's OK - but with respect, I'll do this at the year end, when all the various inactives are removed. I'll also mark your forum account as "inactive".

regards and thanks for all your contributions.
Tim
Tamagoch
Registered FB member from 2023

Post by Tamagoch »

Hi all,
sorry to hear about lots of issues with WCG. Sadly it's appeared to be regular since the exodus of IBM.
But I will be still happy to have this one in the projecs list, otherwise we would be crunching only number fileds, number sieve, number numbers and so on. Math is really boring when there's nothing else except of it ;)
These very long validation times makes this project less suitable for a sprint - that's an issue. And a part of the game though. Let's keep on playing, ok?