Sprints for 2024

Marathon and Sprint information for the 2024 season
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Re: Sprints for 2024

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

I just realised that February this year has 29 days and I forgot it did not have 30 days !

So, the FIRST OFFICIAL Sprint will start ONE DAY BEFORE on 28th February, so that the Sprint will last the 3 FULL days as otherwise it would only be for 2 days !!

Apologies for this error.

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

The Test Sprint project that has been chosen is PrimeGrid

So, as from tonight at midnight, any BOINC credits you are awarded by PrimeGrid (from then on and for the following 48 hours), will be collated and displayed on the FB website here:

https://formula-boinc.org/sprints.py?ra ... sprintid=2

Please feel free to stress test the FB stats collection function !!

regards and good luck
Tim
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

JeromeC wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:30 am I suggest you do the test sprint on primegrid since many of us are currently involved on the Tour de Primes 2024 - and it will be an extra-boost on a project that can handle it ! :)
Hi

By sheer coincidence, the project chosen for the Test Sprint is PrimeGrid...so, your wish/suggestion came true !!

So, hopefully, there will be enough tasks available for anyone who wants to take part.

regards
Tim
JeromeC
Registered FB member from 2023

Post by JeromeC »

What a nice coincidence :)

I wouldn't worry too much with PG capacity to produce plenty of tasks.

And don't mess up with the number of tasks you are trying to download (legit... or not).
JeromeC

Post by JeromeC »

What happened with the test sprint finally ? all went well ?

Official sprint is starting today ? when will be project be published ?
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

JeromeC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:36 pm What happened with the test sprint finally ? all went well ?
Hi

I think it all worked OK...I\ve not heard back from Sebastien yet, but the stats look good on the FB website.
JeromeC wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:36 pm Official sprint is starting today ? when will be project be published ?
Yes, 1st Official 2024 Sprint started earlier today at 1700 UTC !!

The chosen project is NumberFieldss

regards
Tim
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Tim,

shouldn't we see the differences between day 1 and day 2 in the stats ? Or did I miss something and Sprints are no longer 3x1 day competition ?
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Yeti wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:22 pm Tim,

shouldn't we see the differences between day 1 and day 2 in the stats ? Or did I miss something and Sprints are no longer 3x1 day competition ?
Hi

Yes the Sprints do last 3 days (each 24 hours) so, there might be minor differences, EXCEPT that:

a) I do not know exactly at what times the stats are collected and when the website updates (which should be some minutes after the last project stats in the queue is collected)...it should be hourly, but I think Sebastien might still be adjusting the scripts, timings and coding of the back-office processing (as there has been a *significant* re-writing of the website coding over the last 6-8 weeks !!).

and

b) There was an issue collecting stats on day 1 of the #1 Sprint (on NumberFields project) so the stats started off being collected later than the official published start time. So, for day 1 on the stats, there might only be 20 hours worth of data and not the full 24 hours. The end time of the #1 Sprint has been extended by 4 hours, so as to take this into account.

regards
Tim
JeromeC

Post by JeromeC »

It seems things went pretty well, thanks Tim and Seb :)
Yeti

Post by Yeti »

Tim,

can you point me to the official rules for Season 2024 ?

Thanks in advance
Yeti