Sprints 2024 - timetable and projects selected

Marathon and Sprint information for the 2024 season
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Re: Sprints 2024 - timetable and projects selected

Post by UBT - Timbo »

UBT - Timbo wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:23 pm
NB: Please note - I am hoping that AFTER Sprint #12 ends and BEFORE Sprint #13 starts, some FB members and teams will be promoted (or relegated) from their specific Leagues, based on their relative performance (or lack of !!) in the first 6 months of both Marathon and Sprint events.
Hi all

I've had to postpone my planned promotion/demotion changes to the Team and Member Leagues (that I had planned to carry out this weekend) due to some personal reasons, meaning I do not have enough time to collate all the relevant stats and to make the changes in a meaningful and sensible way.

I will keep you posted on when I can carry out this task - so for now, carry on as you were and I'll advise everyone here once a new plan and timetable can be fitted into my schedule.

regards
Tim
JeromeC
Registered FB member from 2023

Post by JeromeC »

Prends ton temps fréro :)
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Project admin for the randomly selected project has been in touch about Sprint #13 and no issues as far as available tasks is expected.

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

The Project Admin at the randomly selected project for Sprint #14 hasn't replied to me yet.

However, I do not think there will be a problem with the choice of project. (Famous last words !!)

regards
Tim
entity

Post by entity »

World Community Grid !!!!!! ??????? That site has so many problems in addition to the general lack of communication from the admins. 40 Minutes ago I couldn't logon on to the website due to some error with authentication. Looks like another sprint to skip.......
csbyseti
Registered FB member from 2024

Post by csbyseti »

WCG ist not a good selection for Formula Boinc.

WCG is not able to list our Team correctly.
We can choose our Team and the account shows "NoTEAM" as selected team but Boinc itself see's nothing from the team.
So also the teamexport won't work.

We try to contact the admins of WCG but it seem they are not interested or able to fix this failure.

csbyseti
Tamagoch

Post by Tamagoch »

What a surprise. A good one in terms of a project selection. And a bit poor one in technical terms.
They have just solved big issues with a work unit generation (or distribution) this year and the project runs smoothly for a couple of months. Surely a sprint would be a next step for stress-testing WCG to bring up more undiscovered problems.

This time it lasted okay for 10-12 minutes. And now we have no work left to download. Finger crossed it will be fixed by a natural way in some reasonable time. It is quite hard to expect some handmade fixes from WCG Team until Monday. I don't mind to catch another surprise though 8-)
megacruncher

Post by megacruncher »

I hate to weigh in with the nay-sayers but WCG seems a risky choice. Especially with their admins not replying. The project has been playing up for some time. Let us hope for the best.
JeromeC

Post by JeromeC »

I hate to say I just got MCM tasks at first attempt ;)
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

entity wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 5:04 pm World Community Grid !!!!!! ??????? That site has so many problems in addition to the general lack of communication from the admins. 40 Minutes ago I couldn't logon on to the website due to some error with authentication. Looks like another sprint to skip.......
Hi

You might have an issue with your own account, but other crunchers (and not just from FB) seems to be able to receive, process and upload tasks without too many issues, so maybe you need to check your specific settings to access their website?

regards
Tim