Sprints for 2024

Marathon and Sprint information for the 2024 season
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Re: Sprints for 2024

Post by UBT - Timbo »

KetamiNO [YouTube] wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:04 pm
My team Keep The Fire Alive! can't participate in the ongoing SPRINT challenge at Ramanujan Machine project.
Can you manually add my team to the list of participants?

https://rnma.xyz/boinc/team_display.php?teamid=1371
Hi

UPDATE:

I just checked the stats log obtained from the Ramanujan website and your team and both of its members are NOT listed in the stats XML obtained by the FB stat collection system.

So, it might just be that the project logs collected so far, were BEFORE your team members were awarded their credits today. So it might just be a question of being patient so that the stats start to align and be "in sync" with each other !

EDIT:

The raw project stats are here:

https://rnma.xyz/boinc/stats/

and sure enough the PROJECT has not updated them since 05:40 this morning (which is outside of FB's control !)...so as your credits were awarded AFTER this, so once the project updates these log files, then your team should appear in the FB Sprint stats !

regards
Tim
UBT - wbiz
Registered FB member from 2023

Post by UBT - wbiz »

KetamiNO [YouTube] wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:04 pm Hello!
Please help me in solving a problem.
My team Keep The Fire Alive! can't participate in the ongoing SPRINT challenge at Ramanujan Machine project.
Can you manually add my team to the list of participants?

https://rnma.xyz/boinc/team_display.php?teamid=1371

Thanks in advance!
Are you sure you have your team selected on Ramanujan? Your credits are appearing on the project but your team doesn't appear to exist there.
KetamiNO [YouTube]

Post by KetamiNO [YouTube] »

Thanks for your reply!!
Team was created in 2021 but had no points.
I've tried to attach project but it says that my password is incorrect and I can't receive any emails from Ramanujan.
So yesterday at the start of the challenge I created new user KetamiNO [YouTube], joined team and started crunching.
I hope that all stats will update soon.
Thanks for your help!
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

KetamiNO [YouTube] wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:06 am Thanks for your reply!!
Team was created in 2021 but had no points.
I've tried to attach project but it says that my password is incorrect and I can't receive any emails from Ramanujan.
So yesterday at the start of the challenge I created new user KetamiNO [YouTube], joined team and started crunching.
I hope that all stats will update soon.
Thanks for your help!
Hi

The good news is that your team stats are now showing up on this Sprint in Team League 2 here:

https://formula-boinc.org/sprints.py?st ... printid=10

And your individual stats *might* appear soon, once the stats update the next time, as you are shown as being in Members League 1 here:

https://formula-boinc.org/users.py?race ... nding=user

PS: It looks like the Ramanujan website stats XML files are only updated ONCE per day at approx 5:40am. So, please bear in mind that the FB stats might be slightly out, compared to the official stats.

But at least BOINCstats now shows your team on this project (currently in 121st position):

https://www.boincstats.com/stats/198/team/list/12/100/0

And your personal member name and stats is now showing up as well:

https://www.boincstats.com/stats/198/us ... 0/0/1371/0

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Just in case anyone was wondering...

I've now updated the FB website to include Sprint Races from #13 > #24.

So, now you can plan your strategies based on the new timetable and hopefully, it will be a good competition until the last Sprint ends on 8th December.

There are 14 F1 races until the mid-season break, which runs from 29th July until 21st August, and then 10 more F1 races until the end of the season.

And so it is with the FB Sprints as we will be having a mid-season break as well - but NOT from CRUNCHING !

For FB, "our mid-season" break will take place just after Sprint #12 ends, on 8th July, until Sprint #13 starts on 18th (correction) July.

During this break, Teams may be promoted/relegated from each of the 3 Leagues, depending on the total number of BOINC credits they have accumulated over the first 12 Sprints, including the credits earned in the Marathon up to the date when the League tables will be updated.

So, if your team has not generated enough credits at the time when all the stats are collated, you may find that your Team is demoted to one of the lower leagues. And likewise, a lower-placed, but high performing team may be promoted into one of the higher leagues.

regards
Tim
entity

Post by entity »

Your schedule doesn't seem to match your description. There is a Sprint scheduled for Jul 18. The "break" seems to be from Jul 28 to Aug 22.
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

entity wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 6:27 pm Your schedule doesn't seem to match your description. There is a Sprint scheduled for Jul 18. The "break" seems to be from Jul 28 to Aug 22.
Hi

As mentioned in my post above, the Formula One summer break is after 14 races.

But for FB, the "break" (which is not a break in terms of CRUNCHING for a Sprint) will be after 12 Sprints (ie after 50% of the Sprints have taken place). And at that point, Teams and Members/Users may be promoted or relegated from one FB League to another.

regards
Tim
entity

Post by entity »

OK, so the FB "break" is not really a break...
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

entity wrote: Sun Jun 09, 2024 10:17 pm OK, so the FB "break" is not really a break...
Yes, correct - hence why I put the description <mid-season break> in inverted commas - which indicate it is not really a conventional break (like a holiday/vacation) - though I accept the original description might not translate so well into other languages... :shock:

regards
Tim
[BAT] Svennemans

Post by [BAT] Svennemans »

UBT - Timbo wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2024 1:51 pm For FB, "our mid-season" break will take place just after Sprint #12 ends, on 8th July, until Sprint #13 starts on 18th August.
I think the "break" confusion stems from this - shouldn't it say "until Sprint #13 starts on 18th July" instead of August?