Sprints for 2024

Marathon and Sprint information for the 2024 season
davidBAM1

Re: Sprints for 2024

Post by davidBAM1 »

davidBAM1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:39 pm Could be a DDOS
If it looks like a DDOS, and walks like a DDOS ... ...

Imagine wanting to win SO BAD that you are willing to disrupt the project that everyone else is trying to boost
scole of TSBT

Post by scole of TSBT »

Could be a disgruntled ex-forum boinc community member
Last edited by scole of TSBT on Sun Mar 10, 2024 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidBAM1

Post by davidBAM1 »

The projects could kill off ALL boinc competitions by going to a delayed update on stats pages.

And who could blame them?

Well done indeed Mr. (or Ms.) DDOSer :evil: :evil:
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

davidBAM1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:40 pm The projects could kill off ALL boinc competitions by going to a delayed update on stats pages.
And who could blame them?
Hiya

But wouldn't that be like killing the goose that laid the golden egg?

I am sure that the few BOINC Challenges that actually take place (whether project-run like PrimeGrid or WCG, or "organised" by a 3rd party, like BOINCstats, BG, etc) are highly beneficial to many projects as those projects should receive a hefty increase in completed work units returned in a shorter period of time - so, it's in a projects best interests to allow their stats export file to be available so as to help drive up the interest and participation in all things BOINC.
davidBAM1 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:40 pm Well done indeed Mr. (or Ms.) DDOSer :evil: :evil:
I would not be quite so complementary !! 8-)

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

scole of TSBT wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:34 pm Could be a disgruntled ex-forum member
Hi

There's no evidence to support anyone who might have been involved...so, guessing will not help, in this case.

But whoever it is, out of the 7+ billion people on this planet has certainly got an axe to grind about the FB Sprints...and they have taken a lot of care to ensure they cannot be traced and they clearly have some knowledge of BOINC and of controlling a VPN and of controlling a server somewhere so as to bombard the Asteroids project website with huge numbers of accesses...

So, that might narrow it down a lot !!

regards
Tim
davidBAM1

Post by davidBAM1 »

But wouldn't that be like killing the goose that laid the golden egg?
Yes indeed, but there may come a point where the collective voices of the non-competitive crunchers is heard.

I really don't have a feel for how many crunchers each project has outside of FB, Boincstats, BG
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

davidBAM1 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:57 am Yes indeed, but there may come a point where the collective voices of the non-competitive crunchers is heard.

I really don't have a feel for how many crunchers each project has outside of FB, Boincstats, BG
Hi

For Asteroids, out of 152,895 user accounts (who have credits), 8,084 users were awarded more than 1 credit in the last month.

https://www.boincstats.com/stats/134/user/list/8/8000/0

As a general rule of thumb and across many projects, I have found that around 5% of users who have registered and earned credits with a project are active.

However, I have no idea of how many of these "5% actives" are involved with BG or FB, but it would be a small insignificant number compared to the thousands who are active across all the projects.

regards
Tim
Yeti
Registered FB member from 2023

Post by Yeti »

UBT - Timbo wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:29 am I think we are all here for the same good reason and I totally understand your questions and your need to have a clear idea about the rules.
Okay, here we are again.

The third sprint has just started and we didn't here anything new about the rules or not the rules.

What are the rules for the sprints?

Average of Day 1 / Day 2 / Day 3 or simply the whole credits from Day 1 + Day 2 + Day 3

Sorry Tim, but it is really frustrating

Yeti
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Yeti wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:47 am Okay, here we are again.

The third sprint has just started and we didn't here anything new about the rules or not the rules.

What are the rules for the sprints?

Average of Day 1 / Day 2 / Day 3 or simply the whole credits from Day 1 + Day 2 + Day 3

Sorry Tim, but it is really frustrating

Yeti
Hi

Yes, it may be frustrating for you, but I am dependent of getting answers from Sebastien and he has not answered any of my queries, since the Sprints re-started.

So, I am not evading providing any answers but until I get the answers from Sebastien, I cannot give feedback to the forum.

It's as simple as that. Once I know, you will know. OK?

(In the meantime, it appears that Sprints are only being awarded FB points at the end of day 3 on the basis of the total credits earned during the entire period).

regards
Tim
scole of TSBT

Post by scole of TSBT »

More shenanigans. What a loser :roll: