Sprints for 2022

A place to have discussions about the 2022 season of Formula BOINC
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Re: Sprints for 2022

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

The chosen project has been changed from Rosetta to Einstein@home.

Sorry about the error in choosing Rosetta and hopefully the stats will update accordingly.

I can only blame myself as I am in Europe for a business trip and I was in a rush to get my flight and other relevant issues sorted before I left and I forgot to check if credits were being awarded (and this is being typed remotely on a mobile phone so please forgive any typos !!

rgds
Tim
(edited / re-paragraphed as I'm now back home on 22nd :-) )
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

SolidAir79 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 12:01 am Shit happens choose something else please :jap:
Done as requested :-)
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

bunteck wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:14 pm Rosetta hasn't had any work for months now. Surely the admins could simply check the project before announcing it!

As I mentioned, I had lots to do to plan my business trip and I forgot to see if credits were being awarded for the chosen project.

Plus the admin at Rosetta (David Baker) never replied either so I was hoping it was ok...but it hasn't been but I've switched the project to the "backup project" and I hope the stats pages update correctly now.

regards
Tim
sebastien
Steering committee

Post by sebastien »

Don't forget that Tim and I are volunteers. Be understanding, there may be some hiccups.

I changed the start and end of the sprint to match the project switch.
JeromeC

Post by JeromeC »

Thank you Tim and Sebastien to be able to do the last minute change, you are stars ! :)

It's great you could both revive the FB, I can never thank you enough :jap:

Let's all have a nice marathon end of season, and I can't wait for next year restart !!
davidBAM1

Post by davidBAM1 »

Hear, hear JeromeC - well said

Thank you Tim and Seb. Greatly appreciated.

I have only one suggestion for FB2023 and that is that you create at least one more League to keep more teams in the chase for points
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

JeromeC wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:07 am Thank you Tim and Sebastien to be able to do the last minute change, you are stars ! :)

It's great you could both revive the FB, I can never thank you enough :jap:

Let's all have a nice marathon end of season, and I can't wait for next year restart !!
davidBAM1 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:36 pm Hear, hear JeromeC - well said

Thank you Tim and Seb. Greatly appreciated.
Thanks Jerome and David

It was a shame that the very last Sprint went slightly askew, but I was able to log in and check from my hotel in Europe, (in order to ensure everything was OK) and when I saw it wasn't, I was able to make a change and then Sebastien followed up by tweaking the start and end times so no-one was unduly affected by the snafu.

So, being able to pull a "switcheroony" worked out OK in the end. :-)
davidBAM1 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:36 pm I have only one suggestion for FB2023 and that is that you create at least one more League to keep more teams in the chase for points
Sebastien has already got a shortlist of various proposals for how the 2023 season will be "tweaked" in order to deal with certain aspects of the current format...so, I hope that once Sebastien has re-coded the various parts of the website to allow these changes, there will be various announcements made regarding the said "tweaks". ;-)

regards
Tim