Sprints for 2022

A place to have discussions about the 2022 season of Formula BOINC
Icecold-TAAT

Re: Sprints for 2022

Post by Icecold-TAAT »

megacruncher wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:37 pm This would have been bad enough under the old system when we had 24hrs notice, but under the new zero notice system it is just not acceptable.
Are the sprint points going to go to whatever team can persuade it's members to stay up until whatever time the announcement is going to be made?
Wait.. you guys have to manually switch over to the sprint project? Krunchie doesn't scrape the Formula BOINC sprint page and switch your projects over when appropriate!? Seems like a missing feature IMO.
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

scole of TSBT wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:24 pm Sebastian may be catching up on sleep after the Pentathlon, as we would all like to do.
Hiya

I doubt that, as Sebastien is a member of L'AF...and he does not appear to have made much of a contribution to the 5 projects in the Pentathlon:

(Einstein, SRBase, NumberFields, Universe and PrimeGrid)

https://classic.boincstats.com/en/stats ... rojectList

regards
Tim
SolidAir79

Post by SolidAir79 »

Seb hope you are okay. Lean on Tim and the rest if you have any problems we all do have crap to deal with but we have a competition on and all your users look forward too it and love helping out the projects no matter the bitching you do a great job :clapping:
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Icecold-TAAT wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:29 pm Wait.. you guys have to manually switch over to the sprint project? Krunchie doesn't scrape the Formula BOINC sprint page and switch your projects over when appropriate!? Seems like a missing feature IMO.
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Looks like "cat is well out of the bag" now !!

I hope Krunchie is open source so we can all benefit ;-)

regards
Tim
SolidAir79

Post by SolidAir79 »

When we don't have a project to crunch does it really matter :roll:
scole of TSBT

Post by scole of TSBT »

People are so envious of a simple set of scripts :roll: Scripts have been used by many people and teams for years to control boinc systems. Get over it.
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

SolidAir79 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:39 pm When we don't have a project to crunch does it really matter :roll:
I guess all we can do is to crunch a "backup" project (ie Resource share="0") and once the project is announced, we can switch over to the chosen project...but that relies on people staying awake to see when it is announced (it's nearly midnight here in UK and I need some sleep soon)...

...and that announcement might happen in 5 seconds time, or 5 minutes, 5 hours...5 days :-(

At least some "backup" tasks could be crunched in the short term...or just take a gamble on one/two of the projects, load up a days worth of tasks in a bunker and then go offline...? At least one (or more) projects might benefit?

regards
Tim
systemviper

Post by systemviper »

scole of TSBT wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:44 pm People are so envious of a simple set of scripts :roll: Scripts have been used by many people and teams for years to control boinc systems. Get over it.
Really you wanna go there.

SV
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

In case you haven't seen the website, Sprint #5 has been CANCELLED.

https://formula-boinc.org/sprint_v2.py? ... en&sprint=

I have not heard from Sebastien, so I cannot give you any further information as to why... :-(

regards
Tim
marsinp

Post by marsinp »

Hello Tim,
Sad to read you have no any contact with Sebastien.
He trust you. Why he not delegate to you ?
Many times, he wrote to think stop. OK, FB and SETIBZH are his "babies".
It take a lot of energy. If he do not want to do further, then is time to give over.
All of us knows Seb started all....
Best regards