Sprints for 2022

A place to have discussions about the 2022 season of Formula BOINC
JeromeC

Re: Sprints for 2022

Post by JeromeC »

Bravo Tim :)

But am I wrong to say that the announcement made here on 21/07 in the morning should not have been done ? was it not a change (not announcing the sprint in advance) introduced to avoid bunkering ?
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

JeromeC wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:57 am Bravo Tim :)

But am I wrong to say that the announcement made here on 21/07 in the morning should not have been done ? was it not a change (not announcing the sprint in advance) introduced to avoid bunkering ?
Hi

The website had not been updated to only announce the selected project at the SAME time as the start time. And if someone visited the specific (pre-updated) Sprint page for the #11 Sprint then you would see the selection in advance. :-(

Sebastien has now fixed this.

As for whether anyone should have "let the cat out of the bag", in advance, having seen that it had been "announced" by accident (due to the coding not having been updated)...well, personally, I would NOT have published such an announcement publicly and ideally it would have been nice for someone to PM me about it.

And if people took advantage of this announcement, then if I had known before, I could have changed the selected project...but that would not have helped and some people would get miffed. But what is done, is done.

regards
Tim
systemviper

Post by systemviper »

Nice Job Timbo, Your getting it done.
Much Respect

I just find it interesting that Mega is so vocal?
Where wasd he last year when he should have been talking.
Is this the new improved mega? Or is there another reason?
It just bugs me when i see him cheerleading.

but I won't bring that up again out of respect for you.

Again nice job standing up and being true to the FB and DC.
Top Notch

SV
202104.jpg
202104.jpg (7.41 KiB) Viewed 567 times
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hiya SV

Thanks for the message and vote of confidence. :-)

Truth be told, SOMEONE needed to do something to keep FB alive...so all I did was step up to the mark !

People who know me, know I have a logical, straight forward attitude with no axe to grind...so, I just get on with it and if it all works out well, then I can get personal satisfaction from that alone.

So, lets just hope the "wheels don't fall off the bus" over the follow up Sprints.

regards
Tim
bill1024

Post by bill1024 »

Thank you Timbo for stepping up and getting things back on track.
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

bill1024 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 5:01 am Thank you Timbo for stepping up and getting things back on track.
Thanks bill :-)

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

The 12th Sprint for 2022 is for NFS@home

as per this announcement:
07/28/2022 21:00 (UTC) - 07/31/2022 20:59 (UTC)
NFS@home
regards and good luck !!
Tim

PS: The next Sprint is not until: 08/25/2022 21:00 (UTC) - 08/28/2022 20:59 (UTC) so hope everyone has a good holiday until then !!
megacruncher

Post by megacruncher »

Thanks Tim. That's another sprint started successfully with flawless stats. And no premature announcements. Well done! :D
My apologies if anyone objects to such positivity, but I think it is great that FB is recovering after a rather wobbly start to the year. 8-) :D
I like this comp and really want to see it succeed and continue.
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

megacruncher wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:24 am Thanks Tim. That's another sprint started successfully with flawless stats. And no premature announcements. Well done! :D
My apologies if anyone objects to such positivity, but I think it is great that FB is recovering after a rather wobbly start to the year. 8-) :D
I like this comp and really want to see it succeed and continue.
Hi mega

Thanks for the positive comments. Always welcome to hear this rather than people bitching and complaining.

I like this set of Challenges as well, as it keeps us crunching and hopefully the projects will appreciate our combined efforts.

The other point you make is also valid, because if you have a pro-active admin team, then these sorts of events, can be run properly and with a minimum of fuss. And I think FB has suffered over the last year or so with Sebastien having issues outside FB and not having the time to keep everything going.

We're having a "purple patch" for now, with things running smoothly...so let's just hope this can carry on. :-)

regards
Tim
UBT - Timbo
Site Admin

Post by UBT - Timbo »

Hi all

Well, it looks like the 12th Sprint stats and data gathering all went well...plenty of tasks available and no major issues reported.

It's now time for the summer break and the 13th Sprint will take place from:

08/25/2022 21:00 (UTC) - 08/28/2022 20:59 (UTC)

So, plenty of time for you to concentrate on your preferred choice of projects and in just over 24 days time, another project will be announced...

regards
Tim