Multiple team names

Coleslaw

Multiple team names

Post by Coleslaw »

I emailed an admin a few years ago on this but didn't get a response. I will try and have it corrected via forum post.

I belong to team [H]ard|OCP but there are a few projects where our team officially uses the name HardOCP instead. There were unofficial teams made at a few projects that are currently being tallied here and we need this fixed. All projects EXCEPT the following use [H]ard|OCP

Climate Prediction - HardOCP
Einstein - HardOCP
LHC@Home Classic - HardOCP
SETI - HardOCP
SIMAP - HardOCP
Spinehenge - HardOCP
WCG - HardOCP
Coleslaw

Re: Multiple team names

Post by Coleslaw »

Does anyone pay attention to these forums?
otax

Post by otax »

Hi,

OK, I see.
1)
You said you contacted an admin few years ago ?
Admin of Formula Boinc here or a project admin ?

2)
I imagine that for those 7 projects you mention, the special character | was a problem ?
Climate Prediction - HardOCP
Einstein - HardOCP
LHC@Home Classic - HardOCP
SETI - HardOCP
SIMAP - HardOCP
Spinehenge - HardOCP
WCG - HardOCP
Coleslaw

Post by Coleslaw »

Those 7 projects may have more than one team set up for us that were unofficial. I wasn't on our team back when those got setup. I just know that formula-boinc does not have us scoring properly since we use different team names.

Most projects we use [H]ard|OCP
The 7 mentioned above we use HardOCP

As far as messaging a few years back, yes it was a formula-boinc admin and not at the project. I honestly don't recall whom because it was a few years and seemed less important then. I'm not asking for a project to change our team name. I just need formula-boinc to make sure that those 7 projects are tallied using the correct name and not one of the unofficial teams that was made.
Coleslaw

Post by Coleslaw »

Out of curiosity, I looked back at my sent messages stored here:

multiple team names

Sent: Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:47 pm
To: sebastien
Hello sebastien. I was wondering if there was a way to edit my teams ranking. Here is the problem. [H]ard|OCP had some individuals unofficially make a team name at a few projects and then for whatever reason didn't release it or keep it up. So, on these projects we had to use an alternative of HardOCP. Typically, this hasn't been much of a problem like at dc-vault because we could enter what name the team goes by. If we gave you a list of the projects where our team has an alternative official name, could you adjust that in your rankings? This irritation even effects some of our new members as they sometimes don't realize that there are two. I appreciate you assistance on this.

Coleslaw
otax

Post by otax »

I understand the situation. The current third place of your team in League 2 gives sense to your request.
As team name seems not possible to change directly in projects, the option of creating an alias for this case could be the only solution.
Sebastien is indeed the only one that can make this kind of manipulation in the statistics database.
I don't know whether he can do this technically without big job.
I will talk with him about your request.
Coleslaw

Post by Coleslaw »

Thank you.
sebastien
Steering committee

Post by sebastien »

I created the alias for projects listed above.
otax

Post by otax »

Merci pour [H]ard|OCP :jap: