Formula Boinc 2011 Championship Rules
Rules for the classification of the projects and how they will appear in Formula BOINC.
- Adding projects every odd month : January, March, May, July, September and November (between 1st and 15th).
- Permanent-testing projects and projects without real application (UpperCase) are excluded.
- Addition of a new project will be subject to having already distributed at least 1,000,000 credits since the creation of the project.
- Addition of a new project will be subject to enabling account creation during precedent 30 days
- After the criteria of Rules 2, 3 and 4 have been met, a message will be sent to Alpha projects informing them of the election of their project to FormulaBoinc.
Aministrators of Alpha projects have ability to cancel their participation in FormulaBOINC at anytime before points are actually awarded to teams working the project. Cancelling after that point will not become effective until the begining of the next FB year. Projects cancelling inclusion in FB will have to request inclusion in the future begining with the next FB year.
- Indication of the status of any project " Either by Blacklist or Boycott of team AF ", which means that the AF team does not wish to crunch on this project, decided upon by any possible existence of non-ethical facts (based on the point of view of AF).
Nevertheless,unless the FB Steering Committee decide unanimously after an internal ballot, to remove a project, points of all projects will be counted and validated in FB.
Also, there shall be a link created towards our listed evidences of the Blacklisted-Boycotted project(s) (with at least a part of the text translated into English).
Rules for the validation of points and classifications for FB ending on December-31st at midnight (UTC).
- All points listed on the website are a close estimate for that time period. The "Official" final standings will only be announced after a definitive validation is done on 12/31 23:59 UTC.
- To give any points, the project must award at least 2,000,000 credits in the current calendar year (January 1 to December 31).
The project can be started durning the current calendar year and give points if it respects this simple condition: all credits are counted since the beginning in the calendar year, including the 1,000,000 necessary to be added in FB.
On the contrary, an old project that gave points the year before may give no points if it does not reach 2,000,000 credits in the current calendar year.
- If two or more teams have the same number of FB points at the end of the year, their ranking will be decided by the number of projects for which they received FB points. Then if still tie on this number, we shall count the number of 1st places, and if tie again, then, count the number of 2nd places, and so on...
About BOINC Statuses Projects and Formula Boinc
Written by Gamma^Ray (BoincSynergy) - Adaptation by Otax (L'Alliance Francophone) for Formula Boinc.
All Boinc projects, are classified in four stages of development.
Formula Boinc uses projects statuses as reported on BoincSynergy site.
- Fully Operational - Completed all levels of initial testing, and processing "Live" work.
- Beta - Majority of "Bugs" solved and open to more users than Alpha to join.
- Alpha - First stage of any project. Limited users allowed due to the "Bugs" in the software.
- Permanent Testing- Used for testing updates before going Fully Operational
- Fully Operational Projects (Automatically adding to Formula Boinc).
Fully available for users to participate in.
- Beta (Automatically adding to Formula Boinc).
Majority of "Bugs" solved and open to more users to join
- Alpha Projects (Possible adding under conditions to Formula Boinc : see "Rules" ).
Alpha is usually the first stage of a project that is just getting off the ground. Being that most of the projects are started by different people or groups or colleges. Many have to learn to details of starting up a BOINC project themselves, And how to fine tune it. Thus making the Alpha projects the most unstable and with the highest amount of errors for the users to deal with. This is also the reasoning behind why they usually only allow a certain number of users that have abit more experience into these projects at first, So they can give the project administrators feed back on what errors they have found while testing.
- Permanent Testing Projects (Never added to Formula Boinc).
Permanent Testing section are project's that mostly based on a full operational project of the same name. Their function is one of testing update's and other project side software before it is then sent to the Fully Operational side for implimentation. Pirates@home is the one project that has always been listed as a Permanent Testing project without the addition of a Fully Operational side to it.
These projects may or may not have work to send out at any time, And also aren't always accepting new users all the time.