Projects list

Changes for 2018
ChristianVirtual

Re: Projects list

Post by ChristianVirtual » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:14 pm

@sebastian,
do you have by chance the config path of the boinc setup file or even better the location of user, team and hosts files for

Einstein@home
The dDM-Project

They seems not follow the standards; but I can't google any changes. Wonder if you have here more insights

sebastien
Steering comitee

Post by sebastien » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:53 am

ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual » Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:39 pm

Thank you !

bcavnaugh

Post by bcavnaugh » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:12 pm

http://www.distributeddatamining.org/Di ... g/home.php
Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

http://www.distributeddatamining.org/
Shows "Due to maintenance the dDM Back-End-Server is temporarily unreachable! Statistics and BOINC functions won't be available."

It has now been Over A Week, maybe time to remove this Project from Formula BOINC.
I have over 200 Tasks Pending to upload and now after a week I am going to reset the project and delete the Tasks.

To Note:
This is the 3rd time this has happened.
2 Times Last Year and now Once This Year.
Crunching@EVGA The Number One Team in the BOINC Community. Folding@EVGA The Number One Team in the Folding@Home Community.

bcavnaugh

Post by bcavnaugh » Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:40 pm

What is the Final Project List for 2018?
Crunching@EVGA The Number One Team in the BOINC Community. Folding@EVGA The Number One Team in the Folding@Home Community.

ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:19 am

dDM is shutting down anyway ...

bcavnaugh

Post by bcavnaugh » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:14 am

ChristianVirtual wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:19 am
SZTAKI Desktop Grid as well.
As part of why I was asking this question "What is the Final Project List for 2018?"

ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:14 pm

bcavnaugh wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:14 am
ChristianVirtual wrote:
As part of why I was asking this question "What is the Final Project List for 2018?"
let me guess; not many changes from what we have right now; with a number of stucked projects like last year ... circle of life. :jap:

bcavnaugh

Post by bcavnaugh » Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:30 pm

ChristianVirtual wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:14 pm
bcavnaugh wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:14 am
ChristianVirtual wrote:
let me guess; not many changes from what we have right now; with a number of stucked projects like last year ... circle of life. :jap:
That is what it might seem like, but then FB might become something of our Past as Mining Members Take it Over as they slowing Kill BOINC.
It is sad IMO that your Team [H]ard|OCP have Miners run a BOINC Project only for a Sprit under BF.
atp1916 with his 49 GPUs on 7 Host Oh and the 9th Host with 9 GPUs but are not running so it seems maybe that he or she is not giving a 100% to your Team for this Sprit but then you never know now a days.
Nice move to the #3 Spot on Amicable Numbers https://sech.me/boinc/Amicable/top_teams.php :jap:
I cannot wait for atp1916 to knock down [H]Skillz a few ranks on your team :lol:
Looks like the [H]ard|OCP Team is doing well this year #6 in the US https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/team ... d%20States;
but time to change to an International Team Now as your Team now spans the World and not only the US.
https://boincstats.com/en/stats/-5/team ... ational#15
Allowing Miners to run under a Team here on FB Sprits is like allowing a NASCAR Car in a Formula One or rather the Grand Prix Race.

ChristianVirtual

Post by ChristianVirtual » Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:42 am

I think there is still a difference if individual users are contributing to a team with resources at hand vs a full "commercial" team dominating all. So I try to keep a differentiated view like:
1) having GC (or CureCoin for F@H) is good for the projects as they get their work done.
2) having GC (or CureCoin for F@H) is bad for challenges without grouping of teams into leagues.

The league concept of FB helps to sort it out; compared to other challenges where this grouping is not existing it. Over time teams with comparable capabilities are in one league. This eventually will allow multiple teams to fight for the "win"; which is the driver of those challenges.
Like in sports ... heavy weight vs. middle weight vs light weight (not in a negative way).

I don't check too often on F@H the scores anymore or compare with other teams; it don't matter as CC dominate it anyway. Just use to see if there is any trouble with the credits given.

As for the country association I can't care less; I'm not located in US; but the majorities of members and the home-forum.